- Institute for Democracy & Higher Education
- Engage and Support
Thank you for your interest in the National Study of Learning, Voting and Engagement (NSLVE), a signature initiative of the Institute for Democracy & Higher Education (IDHE). Signing up is free, easy, and completely protective of student privacy.
Institutions may join the study at any time. We cannot, however, immediately provide new participating institutions with voting data. We will update this website with information about the next round of data processing when it becomes available.
How to Join
To join NSLVE you have to submit a 2-page authorization form. The document must be signed by an authorized signatory on behalf of your institution. Typically, the signatory for a campus is a President, Vice President, Dean of the College, Dean of Students, Provost, Registrar, or Institutional Research Director, other leaders may be more appropriate signatories on your campus.
When completing the authorization form, each campus must provide contact information for the two default recipients, President/Chancellor and Institutional Researcher. A third optional report recipient may be identified as well. We will only send the report to the three individuals listed on the form, or their successors. In addition to receiving the NSLVE report, the report recipients will also receive occasional IDHE Updates with links to our most important research findings and resources we create for campuses to increase their student political learning and engagement in democracy.
Filling Out the Form
- Page 1: Write your institution’s name at the top of the page.
- Page 2:
- Fill out your designated report recipients' information after the line that reads: “The Institution authorizes IDHE to send the resulting report(s) to three report recipients[...].”
- Write your institution’s name again once prompted.
- Write your institution’s OPEID number. If you don’t know this number you can look it up here: http://nces.ed.gov/collegenavigator
- Fill out your authorized signatory’s information in the lines that follow the OPEID number information.
- Sign and date the form.
- Email the completed form to NSLVE@tufts.edu.
You will receive an email from us confirming receipt of the form and the approximate date of your first tailored NSLVE report. Should you have any questions, please contact us. Thank you and we look forward to having you in our study!